Yayasan Inisiatif Perubahan Akses menuju Sehat (IPAS) Indonesia, is a local foundation works as affiliation of Ipas global so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care as per Indonesia’s Law. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Research & Evaluation Advisor, based in Jakarta Office. Position is open for Indonesian nationality only.
The Research & Evaluation (R&E) Advisor is responsible for providing technical and managerial leadership and strategic direction for Ipas Indonesia’s research, monitoring and evaluation efforts and collaborating with the NC-based technical and program units to ensure high-quality processes and methodologies. Additionally, this position manages R&E team members in the country office and guarantees that best practices are implemented in all R&E activities. The R&E Advisor will ensure that data are shared and used by internal and external audiences through routine review of findings and through dissemination via national and international conferences and publications.
· Provide technical and managerial oversight of the implementation of R&E systems, including data collection, data management and documentation, and results reporting;
· Ensure quality control and consistency with Ipas global standards for R&E;
· Lead ongoing strategic review and use of R&E findings for program assessment and improvement;
· Support the development and implementation of in-country program monitoring system, to ensure achievements of milestones in good quality and timely implementation of the workplan;
· Contribute to document preparation for donors and other stakeholders, including data and narrative inputs;
· Lead the design, ethical approval, implementation, data analysis, reporting, and administrative support for operations/intervention research and evaluation to test program models;
· Train staff and consultants in R&E data collection and processing;
· Supervise Yayasan Ipas Indonesia R&E staff, consultants and interns;
· Maintain regular and ongoing communication with technical and program unit staff in other Yayasan Ipas affiliate’s office and concerned program division of Ministry of Health, Indonesia;
· Conduct dissemination of R&E findings, both internally and externally, including workshop organization, report preparation and contributing to peer-reviewed journal articles;
· Represent Yayasan Ipas at local, regional and global professional meetings and conferences
· Collaborate with other Yayasan Ipas units and country programs to achieve overall organizational objectives
· Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of Master’s degree by research in Maternal Health and FP or MPH
- 8+ years of experience conducting monitoring, evaluation and research in reproductive health programs, preferably working in international organizations.
- 5+ years of experience supervising research and/or monitoring and evaluation teams.
- Experience in applying research findings to inform the design of community and health facility-based interventions.
- Strong quantitative skills, including demonstrated ability in the collection, management, analysis and presentation of quantitative data..
- Strong qualitative research experience.
- Demonstrated ability in word processing, spreadsheet (Excel), and statistical computer packages (Epi Info, Stata, SPSS, SAS). Experience with qualitative packages (Atlas.ti, NVivo) desired.
- Strong management skills, including experience in project administration, supervision of field staff, and communication among global and national staff and partners.
- Strong written and spoken communications skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based global environment.
How to apply
Application shall be sent by email to , and indicating the name of the position you are applying as the subject of the email.
Applications shall include cover letter, CV and copy of educational certificates obtained.
Application shall be sent by 14 April 2019, at the latest.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.