The Increasing access to quality and inclusive diabetes care project will be implemented in Yogyakarta Province. The project is planned to be implemented in 3 districts/city; Sleman, Yogyakarta City and Gunungkidul. The project aims to strengthen the inclusiveness of quality, integrated diabetes services all along the continuum of care in line with SDG’s Goal 3 ‘Leave No one Behind’
In order to implement the project goal, HI is currently looking for a Public Health Officer for its office in Yogyakarta. The post holder will be will be engaged in the implementation of the project ‘Increasing Access to quality and inclusive diabetes care project. The detail is as follows:
Position Title : Public Health Officer (PHO)
Location : Yogyakarta
Closing date : rolling (this position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is identified)
Basic Salary Range : Rp 6.1 – 7.3 million IDR depending on objective weighting of candidate’s profile and non-negotiable.
The successful candidate is expected to start as soon as possible in April 2019.
Under the line management of the Project Manager (PM), the Public Health Officer will support the PM in implementing, monitoring and evaluating the ‘Increasing access to quality and inclusive diabetes care project’ in 3 districts/city; Sleman, Yogyakarta and Gunungkidul. The tasks in particular are:
- Provide technical assistance and support to primary health service providers (Puskesmas) on technical and operational aspects of diabetes disease management.
- Provide quality assurance on the capacity building of health service providers throughout the project cycle including monitoring and evaluation of project implementation
- Sensitize and mobilize local partners, authorities and other stakeholders about health and disability issues.
- Manage the activities under his/her domain
DUTY STATION: Public Health Officer will be based in Yogyakarta
Full version of the job description can be downloaded at HI website
- Bachelor in health-related science or bachelor in any major with minimum 2 year health-related work experience. Bachelor in nursing/public health will be an asset.
- 3 years working experience in INGO project, preferably in health-related project training involvement (as participant or organizer), specifically in health-related issue, with skills using adult learning concepts will be an asset
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation will be an asset
- Knowledge on diabetes disease risk management including foot care
- Familiar with the public health care system in Indonesia
- Excellent networking and coordination skills
- Excellent participatory facilitation and coaching skills
- Excellent leadership and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong computer skills especially on word, excel and power-point
- Good writing skills
- English abilities in verbal and written
*Licensed and willing to ride a motorbike for work purpose
*Local recruitment – there is no financial support for mobility for non-resident applicants out of Yogyakarta
Initial contract will be for maximum 1 year with a possibility for renewal until the end of the project.
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons with disabilities, to apply.
Humanity & Inclusion has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, fraud, bribery and corruption.
Any interested candidates should send their motivation letter together with CV in English and references less than 500 KB as soon as possible to:
HR Manager of Humanity & Inclusion
Email to: email@example.com
(please put in reference in Subject: PHO Yogyakarta)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Residents of Yogyakarta province will be highly appreciated.