DAI, implementer of the USAID funded Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) Project, invites qualified bidders to submit proposals/bids for : Non-Technical (Sanitation Promotion) Service Provider of small (shared) communal septic system in densely population neighborhoods in Magelang City, Central Java.
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation and all of whom are from the “B40”, vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
The main objectives of selecting the Non-Technical (Sanitation Promotion) Service Provider for construction of small (shared) communal septic system in densely population neighborhoods in Magelang City, Central Java are:
- To coordinate and work closely with the regional Behavior Change Marketing (BCM) Specialist and Urban Sanitation Specialist (USS) in USAID IUWASH Central Java Regional Office in implementing the LSIC construction of small (shared) communal septic system in densely population neighborhoods.
- To conduct community mobilization and promotion on safely managed sanitation in selected target areas (17 kelurahan) and with Local Government
- To facilitate participative meeting, selection mechanism and agreement for the construction of shared communal septic tank system
- To facilitate the participation of 120 benefited HH in the process of construction of shared septic tanks (in close collaboration with the Sanitation Technical Service Provider)
- To supervise and documenting all activities under the LSIC construction of small (shared) communal septic system in densely population neighborhoods (in close collaboration with the Sanitation Technical Service Provider).
Posting & Reporting Relationships
The program will be managed by the USAID IUWASH PLUS Central Java Regional Team, in collaboration with the National Sanitation Team. The activity will be conducted start from February 2018 – October 2018. The Non Technical (Sanitation Promotion) Service Provider will be based in Magelang but on regular basis discuss and report the work plan, progress and issues encountered , and coordination with BCM and USS at USAID IUWASH PLUS Central Java Regional Office at Surakarta on Deliverables schedule.
The following are qualifications required for the Non-Technical (Sanitation Promotion) Service Provider position:
- At least 5 years’ experience in sanitation programs such as the SANIMAS program or other similar programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Social, sociology, behavior change and marketing. S1 minimum
- Able to communicate effectively (written and oral) at the community and government levels
- Able to work independently with limited supervision / facilities in Magelang City
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Able to prepare reports and documentation on work implementation (In Bahasa Indonesia)
- Able to working in part-time within 9 months with working day minimum 15 days/month
- Preferably domiciled in Magelang City
For those who match the qualifications, IUWASH PLUS inviting you to submit proposal, as the files attached or check the link as follows : HERE