In collaboration with the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (JHSPH), the Demographic Institute University of Indonesia will undertake work to enhance development of the Indonesia Tobacco Control Research Network (ITCRN) and expand tobacco control-related research in Indonesia by implementing a research grant program and organizing a Research Findings Dissemination Conference with the aims of:
- Attracting researchers from reputable universities in Indonesia to engage with the ITCRN
- Encouraging more social scientists to undertake tobacco control-related research
- Communicating the results of tobacco control-related research to policy makers and other tobacco control stakeholders with the aim of affecting policy development and implementation
- Publishing Indonesia-specific research results in international and national academic journals
We are inviting researchers to submit research proposals related to tobacco consumption in Indonesia. The proposals must address current tobacco control policy relevant issues in the country and align with the WHO MPOWER tobacco control intervention concept (www.who.int). In the context of this Call, priority consideration will be given to proposals focusing on components M, P, W, E, and R.
- Fulltime-researchers and lecturers from reputable universities in Indonesia.
- Minimum education required is a master’s degree (S2).
- Willingness to follow the terms and conditions of the grant.
- No connection with the tobacco industry or any of its derivatives.
Documents to be submitted
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “ITCRN Submission 2017” :
- Proposal abstract: in English (no more than 500 words)
- Full Proposal: in Bahasa (background; objectives; methods; time line; proposed budget), no more than 10 pages.
- Study team : a team consisting of three people (attach CV)
- Proposal Submission : May 8 – 23, 2017
- Notification : June 5, 2017
Budget: The budget available for each research project is a maximum of IDR 50.000.000
Submission Deadline May 23, 2017 : 1200 AM